1 – LIKE us and SHARE our page.
2- Create an account at: kenza-international-beauty-nyc.com
3- Comment in this post and tell us why you would LOVE these KENZA Beauty products.
4-Tag three Facebook friends that would enjoy this. Sharing is Caring and Loving!
A winner will be chosen 2/7/16 via our social media outlets.
Giveaway for participants in the USA only.
– Global Argan oil market was 4,835.5 tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 19,622.5 tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 19.6% from 2015 to 2022.
– The product is considered as one of the most expensive vegetable oil. This is on account of limited supply coupled with high requirement. Expensive nature of product is expected to result into high revenues over the forecast period.
– Cosmetics segment was the leading application segment and accounted for over 40% of total demand in 2014 and is expected to show significant growth in the coming years. Growth of personal care industry is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
– Medical and food application areas are expected to witness high growth rates over the forecast period. Product demand in medical segment is expected to be driven by its potential to cure diseases including cancer, inflammatory problems, cholesterol levels and food digestion.
– Middle East & Africa was the leading regional market both in terms of production and consumption. Argan oil is majorly consumed by rural economy of Morocco, which is major producer therefore demand rate is higher in the region as compared to others.
– North America is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 20.2% from 2014 to 2022 on account of its increasing demand in cosmetics for hair treatment and skin care products and in medical industry for disease treatment.
You can find our selection of personal care products made with organic Argan oil and Prickly Pear Seed Oil here
While growing up in Provence, in the South of France, I was always surrounded by Lavender scent, but I did not know the full story of how it was produced.
Because I like to know more than just the ingredients and benefits of the products we distribute at KENZA International Beauty, I decided to conduct some in-depth research on French Lavender from Provence, before I consider adding it to the KENZA Skin & Hair product line.
Always ask the locals
My brother Adil is very active in the community of our home town of Istres in Provence. He works for the city government, knows everyone in town, and is its “unofficial” mayor. So, when I mentioned to him I was searching for a good source of lavender, he started going through his contact list (LinkedIn would be jealous) and voila’ found the perfect connection.
He picked up the phone and called his friend Guy do Cavaco whose wife works at the largest Lavender distillery in France, in Sault en Provence.
With Guy da Cavaco
We soon learned that, coincidentally, the small village was celebrating “Le festival de la Lavande.”
I took the next train to Avignon, then rented a car, and headed straight to Sault through the most beautiful scenery, country side, and villages.
Sault en Provence & Le Festival de la Lavande
At the “Festival de la Lavande” in Sault, I met Bill Flanagan, an American blogger who vividly shares his experience in his blog Lost in Provence. He does an amazing job reporting on this beautiful region, on its people, and on Lavender, the “Purple gold”. Watch it Purple Gold, you will enjoy it.
The Lavender distillery
At the distillery, I tried to learn everything about Lavender, Lavandin, and the products they manufacture with these essential oils. I even tasted a drink, a cookie, and a crepe made with Lavender!
Lavender or Lavandin?
Both are essential oils produced by steam distillation.
Lavender is a small aromatic evergreen shrub of the mint family. It has narrow leaves and bluish-purple flowers. It has been widely used in perfumes and medicines since ancient times. It is mostly used in skincare and aromatherapy.
I like this article by Mind Body Green Uses of Lavender Oil
Lavandin, instead, is a plant that comes from the natural crossing (via bee pollination) of Fine Lavender and Lavender Aspic.It is uses for massage, home perfumes, laundry re-freshener, candles, soaps and more.
KENZA’ Beautiful Friends will soon be able to experience Provence, its beauty, charm, and scents through the KENZA Pure Provence Lavender collection: Lavender and Lavandin essential oils and other related products.
During the launch of our Provence Lavender line you will receive a sample of our Argan & Lavender Soap with purchase of KENZA Pure Lavender Oil OR KENZA Pure Lavandin Oil.
Do you use Lavender oil? Tell us how
How about lavandin?
After an 8hr bus ride from Casablanca to Agadir and another 2hr car drive, I arrived to Arazane. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot of Latifa’s house, I could hear the women singing a welcoming song in their Berber language. It brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart.
Every year the coop makes some progress. Latifa, the coop Director, informed me the coop has joined a union of cooperative in the Taroudant area (this will allow it to pool some resources, to share best practices, and to have a stronger market presence); has been certified NormaCert which guarantees the Argan oil origin and quality; successfully underwent an inspection by the Moroccan department of Health; and it will be showcased in a fair in Germany representing Moroccan products. These are all great news, but have expenses attached.
On the other hand, new challenges always arise. I also learned the women had not been working for some time because the coop had run out of Argan nuts and it could not afford to buy anymore. Therefore, this year KENZA International Beauty donated the coop a lump sum to buy about 3,000 lb. of Argan nuts and to cover other expenses. This aid helps the coop provide jobs for the women so that they can be more productive and financially independent.
My assistant and I spent the day with the women to learn more about their work and responsibilities at the cooperative. Here are two videos that we hope you will enjoy and see how the Argan oil process is not as easy as it seems. We value the hard work of all the women working in cooperatives in Morocco producing many products that we all love.
We are grateful for your continuous support, for being loyal to our brand: KENZA“be generously beautiful”™ and for allowing us to spread more LOVE-BEAUTY-GENEROSITY
Share this post with your friends, family and peers. Help us grow!