We are surrounded by many holistic wellness optons or approaches to heal symptoms, diseases and overall well-being. It includes Naturopathy, homeopathy, massage therapy (deep tissue, Thai massage , Chi gong, Shiatsu, Ashiatsu) , meditation, aromatherapy, Ayurveda, Acupunture, Reiki, or even hypnotherapy.
I participated to this symposium without thinking that I was also a healer. After two days of listening to holistic experts talk, I understood that there are many ways to offer healing. I discovered that by offering beauty products made with natural, botanical active ingredients, I am also contributing to your well-being and therefore I am a healer.
This is the path that I want to continue exploring and by offering what nature already blesses us with, I want to be part of your well-being.
I am so grateful to all the participants for guiding my way by sharing their knowledge, passion and love of healing others.
I love my Saturdays! Taking time off should be taken without guilt.
Don’t you love the weekend when you get to relax, exercise, spend quality time with your family and friends and most importantly pamper yourself?
After a long week of work managing my business, taking care of my family and figuring out what’s for dinner, I make sure to take some time off and Saturday is my day. I am neither a mom, nor a wife, I am Khadija and I make myself a priority. It may sound selfish but I truly believe that you can always give the best of yourself when you take time to decompress, change your mind and step out of your routine.
What I love is taking fitness classes or working out on my own at Equinox Fitness Club. After working out I love to treat myself, depending on how much time I have, with either a reflexology massage a manicure & pedicure or with a Moroccan Hammam SPA (my ultimate favorite).
Of course I bring all I need: Moroccan Black Soap, kissa (exfoliating glove), a hair mask, a facial scrub (that I also use as a mask because it has rose powder, honey and Argan oil. Soon available in our e-store), and my Argan oil, Fusion oil and Eye serum. Oh, I forgot I soak my hair the night before with my Hair oil Treatment too.
I have to admit that it is nice to have a facility like Equinox where I can do all of this but you can create your own Hammam SPA at home as well. Here is how:
MOROCCAN HAMMAM SPA RITUAL
• In a Moroccan Hammam SPA or your bathroom warm up your body with a hot bath, shower or steam for 10 min to open pores.
• Apply generously (1 tablespoon) KENZA Pure Moroccan Black Soap all over your body. Let it penetrate for 5 to 10 min (it is important to stay in a warm environment). Rinse off with warm water (no soap). Video via Organic SPA Magazine
• Rinse the glove and start massaging gently skin (body only) in circular motion. After few minutes layers of dead skin and impurities will roll off the body onto the “Kissa” exfoliating glove.(Wash and dry your KENZA Hammam Glove).
– Global Argan oil market was 4,835.5 tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 19,622.5 tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 19.6% from 2015 to 2022.
– The product is considered as one of the most expensive vegetable oil. This is on account of limited supply coupled with high requirement. Expensive nature of product is expected to result into high revenues over the forecast period.
– Cosmetics segment was the leading application segment and accounted for over 40% of total demand in 2014 and is expected to show significant growth in the coming years. Growth of personal care industry is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
– Medical and food application areas are expected to witness high growth rates over the forecast period. Product demand in medical segment is expected to be driven by its potential to cure diseases including cancer, inflammatory problems, cholesterol levels and food digestion.
– Middle East & Africa was the leading regional market both in terms of production and consumption. Argan oil is majorly consumed by rural economy of Morocco, which is major producer therefore demand rate is higher in the region as compared to others.
– North America is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 20.2% from 2014 to 2022 on account of its increasing demand in cosmetics for hair treatment and skin care products and in medical industry for disease treatment.
You can find our selection of personal care products made with organic Argan oil and Prickly Pear Seed Oil here
This year KENZA International Beauty is participating to many local events in New York city where you can come meet us, sample our organic Argan oil, Prickly Pear Seed Oil and other natural beauty products you and your family will enjoy.
While for most people the beginning of a new year is the time for new self-improvement resolutions, I usually do not have much time to think about it. This time, instead, I started the year with a nasty case of the flu. I was very sick for ten days, physically exhausted, and unable to do any work. For once, I had time to reflect and I realized I need a better balance between managing my business, taking care of my family and myself, and volunteering. And delegate more : Whole Foods can be a great personal chef!
During the last six months of 2014, I over- worked and, essentially, tried to do more than I could handle. So, this year, I made a resolution to take more time off, to get back into martial arts training with a MMA fighter at InnerGfitness (for therapy and stress management), to not answer work emails or calls at night or Sundays, and to try to keep my personal and professional lives separate.
Since the inception of KENZA International Beauty almost two and half years ago, I have been constantly solving problems, coming up with creative ideas, and juggling the multiple hats that all small business owners wear to run a successful business. However, two events particularly energized me in 2014.
The first one was the article published in July by The Guardian Newspaper.
This put KENZA International Beauty on the map as a global provider of the best, socially responsible, pure, and organic Moroccan Oils. This helped us expand our market (retail & wholesale) to the UK, Kenya, the UAE, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France, Sweden, Dominican Republic, and even in Morocco. I will always be grateful to Nina Roberts for finding me and sharing my story to the world.
We do not have a big marketing budget to promote our business. Instead, we rely on “organic” marketing: being featured on TV news programs, magazines, and celebrities’ beauty blogs, and by the word of mouth of our many beautiful friends (e.g. customers). We prefer to spend funds on developing new and superior products, and on improving women lives.
The second one was the Chase Mission Main Street Grant competition I entered in October. A $150,000 grant would have taken my social enterprise business to the next level right away. It would have helped us create more products, upgrade our brand and website, and provide more financial support to women in Morocco and the USA. Unfortunately, the national competition was fierce and we did not receive one of the twenty grants. I was sad for a couple of days, but then I thought about all the wonderful and beautiful friends who voted for us and cheered us all the way, and I felt so much better because I know with your support I am sure we will find another way to fulfill our social mission. Thank you again!
Looking ahead to 2015, I know it will be another successful year for KENZA International Beauty and a more balanced one for me!
Stay tuned as we will soon announce the introduction of a new beauty treasure from Morocco, a redesigned package, new giveaways, and other exciting projects. Sign up at http://kenza-international-beauty.com